Barrow firm scoops gong
Last updated at 16:19, Wednesday, 26 September 2012
A BARROW-based book keeping and payroll company has scooped a regional business award.
TI Payroll and Accounting scooped the financial services award at the 2012 Enterprise Vision Awards, which celebrate the achievements of women in business across the North West.
This is the second time in as many years the company has won the award, in the face of stiff competition from financial services providers from across the North West.
This year’s winners were announced at a glamorous black tie event held on September 14 at Ribby Hall Village, attended by over 360 guests and leading business players from the region.
Owner Tracy Irwin said: “The EVAs 2012 was such a good night and it was lovely to be part of it.
“I am so proud to have won the EVAs for the second year in a row, I never thought it would be possible.
“I am so grateful to all those that voted, I’ve realised that we must be doing something right, I’ve just got to work out what it is now so I can bottle it.
“Let’s hope that the excitement of women in business continues to grow and that we have even more female presence at the awards next year.
“If there are any women in business out there that would like support from like-minded businesswomen or would like to get involved with the excitement of the EVA awards, then we are having a visitor free meeting on October 12 where we are waiving the normal £10 visitor fee if they pre-register on www.pinklinkladies.co.uk before the event.”
Co-founder of the EVAs, Coral Horn, said: “We have been absolutely thrilled with the response from businesses this year and were delighted to receive over 14,000 votes in support of our finalists.
“The standard of this year’s entries has been incredibly high and we would like to say a huge congratulations to Tracy.”
First published at 14:38, Tuesday, 25 September 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria