Biker killed in late night Lake District crash
Last updated at 10:24, Sunday, 22 July 2012
A Cumbrian biker has been killed in a crash on a Lake District road.
Police are still trying to trace the family of the victim, believed to be a 54-year-old man from the Maryport area.
The accident happened just before 11pm yesterday on the A591 near Thirlmere.
The male biker was riding a red Triumph Sprint motorcycle, which was in collision with a large stone road sign at the start of the dual carriageway. He was travelling from Ambleside towards Keswick.
The road was closed for four hours while detailed investigations were carried out.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact Roads Policing Unit on 101.
First published at 09:39, Sunday, 22 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria