The final part of my challenge was today (Sunday) in Newcastle and would involve running or should I rephrase this as completing the 30th Bupa Great North Run.
I have completed the run on 5 previous occasions and this part of the challenge was not as important to me as completing the coast to coast walk. It did cross my mind to have a... [more] (3 comments)
Published: September 20, 2010
After a great night staying at a farmhouse ran by Ann and Tony Richardson – a really nice couple that made us feel more than welcome we set off on Day 12
and the final day of the Coast to Coast Challenge, would we make it to the end with just 19 miles to go? Would our tired feet hold out? We set off from Glaisdale with such excitement,... [more]
Published: September 18, 2010
After breakfast Bob the landlord at the Buck Inn near Clay Bank Top gave us a lift to the place where we stopped yesterday. Today’s section of the walk would see us walk 18 miles from Clay Bank Top to the village of Glaisdale.
The initial climb was a bit of a shock straight after breakfast but when we reached the top it was a fairly... [more]
Published: September 16, 2010
With the finishing line almost in sight Day Ten would see us walk 15 miles to Clay Bank Top via the Cleveland Way.
Most of the walk we have met some fantastic people and with two days left I must admit, despite the sore feet, I will be fairly disappointed when it’s all over. I’ve enjoyed the banter and the camaraderie of the... [more]
Published: September 15, 2010
Day nine: As usual Mark and I arrived late for departure (Mark was doing his hair and I was touching up my lipstick).
Today would see us leave Catterick Bridge and make our way towards the Cleveland Hills via Damby Wiske. The first part of the walk was very flat and seemed very easy compared to what we had already done. We followed... [more]
Published: September 14, 2010
More Windermere news
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria