Published at 10:35, Saturday, 07 January 2012
A SERIAL drug dealer has been sent down for more than four years after committing his third offence.
David Woof was sentenced to four years and three months in prison at Preston Crown Court yesterday.
In December, Woof, 38, pleaded guilty to a charge of possessing the Class A drug diamorphine on January 17 last year, with intent to supply it to another.
He was described in the court as a “three strikes” offender, due to two previous drug-related convictions in 2005 and 2009.
The main strength of the prosecution’s case lay in four text messages the defendant had received on his mobile phone. Yesterday, he was jailed for the charge of possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply, but was cleared of a charge of possessing criminal property.
Detective Constable Wayne Dixon, of Barrow CID, said he felt the right sentence had been issued by the court.
He said: “It is a very good sentence which hopefully sends out a strong message.
“Hopefully it will act as a deterrent to others that are considering using drugs as a form of making money.”
Woof spent 36 days on remand and this will be included in the custodial sentence issued by the court.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Man dies after getting into difficulties whilst swimming in Windermere
- Businesses and residents asked to air views on Windermere speed limit (2 comments)
- Windermere man charged with affray due in court today
- Tragic Windermere sailor was ‘let down by superiors’
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Top critic claims Lake District restaurant is lighting the way
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- ‘Barrow should be twinned’ (13 comments)
- Tributes pour in for former Haven star Ged (2 comments)
- Mysterious Ulverston street artist inspires colourful debate (11 comments)
- Love Barrow awards ceremony 2013 (4 comments)
- Call to close new South Cumbria kebab shop at school home time
- Ulverston climber survives 30ft fall (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22