Energy firm fits out shopping centre with solar panels
Last updated at 14:27, Tuesday, 25 September 2012
A CUMBRIAN solar power firm has just completed a major project at a shopping centre.
Penrith-based Sundog Energy has fitted new Trinamount III flat roof mounting solar photovoltaic panels to the Crystal Peaks shopping centre in Sheffield.
The impressive state-of-the-art solar system spans four large roofs at Crystal Peaks – three flat and one pitched.
A total of 276 Trina 245Wp panels were mounted over three flat roofs using the new mounting system – and 129 Trina 250Wp panels were mounted on the pitched roof using conventional fixings.
Martin Cotterell, founder and technical director of Sundog, said: “With a very tight installation window, we were really able to put the new mounting system through its paces at Crystal Peaks and appreciate the significant benefits it brings.
“The constantly changing market means that we are continually adopting innovative ways to reduce installation times and, therefore, costs for our customers and the installers. We believe that this new system brings real benefits and will be quickly taken up by installers around the UK.”
Ian Cody, senior asset manager, Hermes Real Estate Investment Management Limited which owns Crystal Peaks, said: “The installation of solar PV panels at Crystal Peaks is part of our ongoing commitment to responsible investment across HREMIL’s portfolio, which has seen absolute carbon emission reductions of over 41 per cent for our year on year standing portfolio since 2006.
“We remain dedicated to investing in new sustainable technologies, such as the new installation techniques used by Trina Solar, which have a positive impact on returns and lower the risk of assets depreciating in value.”
First published at 14:24, Tuesday, 25 September 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria
- Queuing traffic on Lake District road
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (4 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary