Gemma Sayle and Andrew Hampson
Last updated at 14:50, Thursday, 01 September 2011
GEMMA Louise Sayle, 23, an intensive care nurse, from Dalton, and Andrew James Hampson, 31, an engineering geologist, from Dalton, married on Saturday, July 16, 2011.
HOW THEY MET: The couple met in The White Horse, in Dalton, in December 2007, whilst Gemma was working for Andrew’s mum.
PROPOSAL: The groom proposed on Christmas Day 2009 while the couple were at home together, after the bride finished her shift at the hospital. He hid the ring in a giant cracker.
VENUE: St Mary’s C of E Church, Dalton.
THEME: Vintage and pearl.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: An Italian Couture gown, “Demetrious”.
GROOMSMEN: Best man was Alastair Lane Groos, the groom’s friend of more than 10 years and ushers were the groom’s brother-in-law Mark Faragher and the bride’s brother Daniel Sayle.
The groom’s nephew, five-year-old Kaden James Faragher, was page boy.
BRIDESMAIDS: Chief bridesmaid was the bride’s best friend Charlotte Irvine. The groom’s sister Gemma Faragher and the bride’s friend Rachel Knipe were also bridesmaids. The groom’s three-year-old niece Anya Mae Faragher was the couple’s Princess.
FLOWERS: The bride carried a bouquet of pink roses and arum lilies.
TRANSPORT: The bride and father-of-the-bride, Philip Sayle, travelled in a 1940’s Beauford whilst the bridesmaids arrived in a vintage double decker bus.
The guests then travelled from the church to the reception at The Coot on the bus. A violinist greeted the guests at The Coot.
RECEPTION: A wedding breakfast for 80 guests at The Coot On The Tarn, Great Urswick. The room for the night do was decorated by the groom as a surprise for the bride. Guests attending the evening celebration enjoyed a hog roast.
ENTERTAINMENT: Barrow band SYFA entertained guests during the night do.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Nick Collinge at Love It Studios.
First published at 10:40, Saturday, 06 August 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Man dies after getting into difficulties whilst swimming in Windermere
- Businesses and residents asked to air views on Windermere speed limit (2 comments)
- Windermere man charged with affray due in court today
- Tragic Windermere sailor was ‘let down by superiors’
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Top critic claims Lake District restaurant is lighting the way
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Millions paid out over Sellafield cancer deaths
- Barrow Island BAE Systems shipyard parking fury (8 comments)
- John Ruskin school prom
- Three people charged in connection with Cumbria burglary
- Barrow man accused of assaulting student found not guilty
- Dalton and Risedale hopefuls fight for council chance
- County to host world marmalade festival
- Barrow and District Mixed Darts League awards evening 2014
- Creative Haverigg children scoop arts accolade for school
- Drink drive mum had young daughter in back seat, Carlisle court told
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22