Gemma Sayle and Andrew Hampson
Last updated at 14:50, Thursday, 01 September 2011
GEMMA Louise Sayle, 23, an intensive care nurse, from Dalton, and Andrew James Hampson, 31, an engineering geologist, from Dalton, married on Saturday, July 16, 2011.
HOW THEY MET: The couple met in The White Horse, in Dalton, in December 2007, whilst Gemma was working for Andrew’s mum.
PROPOSAL: The groom proposed on Christmas Day 2009 while the couple were at home together, after the bride finished her shift at the hospital. He hid the ring in a giant cracker.
VENUE: St Mary’s C of E Church, Dalton.
THEME: Vintage and pearl.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: An Italian Couture gown, “Demetrious”.
GROOMSMEN: Best man was Alastair Lane Groos, the groom’s friend of more than 10 years and ushers were the groom’s brother-in-law Mark Faragher and the bride’s brother Daniel Sayle.
The groom’s nephew, five-year-old Kaden James Faragher, was page boy.
BRIDESMAIDS: Chief bridesmaid was the bride’s best friend Charlotte Irvine. The groom’s sister Gemma Faragher and the bride’s friend Rachel Knipe were also bridesmaids. The groom’s three-year-old niece Anya Mae Faragher was the couple’s Princess.
FLOWERS: The bride carried a bouquet of pink roses and arum lilies.
TRANSPORT: The bride and father-of-the-bride, Philip Sayle, travelled in a 1940’s Beauford whilst the bridesmaids arrived in a vintage double decker bus.
The guests then travelled from the church to the reception at The Coot on the bus. A violinist greeted the guests at The Coot.
RECEPTION: A wedding breakfast for 80 guests at The Coot On The Tarn, Great Urswick. The room for the night do was decorated by the groom as a surprise for the bride. Guests attending the evening celebration enjoyed a hog roast.
ENTERTAINMENT: Barrow band SYFA entertained guests during the night do.
PHOTOGRAPHER: Nick Collinge at Love It Studios.
First published at 10:40, Saturday, 06 August 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria
- Queuing traffic on Lake District road
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (4 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary
Evening Mail homepage
- Sex offender who went on £50 booze binge is jailed after admitting to 'very serious'problem
- Minister may be asked to decide Cocken tunnel row (6 comments)
- £1,500 fine for store Barrow Morrisons boss
- Brazen burglar robbed Windermere house in broad daylight
- Thieves steal from Lake District charity shop till
- Update: Man charged with Barrow shop robbery
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5