Jump in and help this become a great site for Windermere
Last updated at 16:05, Tuesday, 08 November 2011
THERE'S something about Windermere that just makes people want to get involved. The Great North Swim proved that.
The lake provides a focus, of course, but the communities of Windermere and Bowness are thriving and lively.
People here know what they want and they're not scared to speak up. Whether it's about the heated debate ove the 10mph limit or the need for better traffic controls, there are plenty of issues to go at.
Maybe you want to help form the community plan or have your say about the recent enhancement scheme or the controversial mini-roundabout.
The area also has unique issues to deal with - brought partly by the thousands of tourists that visit each year and the fact that it is set within a national park.
And what about all the clubs and social events going on in Windermere that no-one gets to find out about?
Well, that's where Windermere Local comes in. It's your website to do with as you wish. The aim is for clubs and local groups to get involved so they can keep people informed aboutn what's going on.
Help keep the community in the loop by sharing what you know about the town with others through the Windermere Local website - brought to you by the North West Evening Mail. It doesn't cost anything to post information - or even your opinion - on the site.
To find our more information call 01229 840160 or use the email form below.
First published at 16:07, Friday, 03 October 2008
Published by http://www.windermerelocal.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Man dies after getting into difficulties whilst swimming in Windermere
- Businesses and residents asked to air views on Windermere speed limit (2 comments)
- Windermere man charged with affray due in court today
- Tragic Windermere sailor was ‘let down by superiors’
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Top critic claims Lake District restaurant is lighting the way
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)