Jump in and help this become a great site for Windermere
Last updated at 16:05, Tuesday, 08 November 2011
THERE'S something about Windermere that just makes people want to get involved. The Great North Swim proved that.
The lake provides a focus, of course, but the communities of Windermere and Bowness are thriving and lively.
People here know what they want and they're not scared to speak up. Whether it's about the heated debate ove the 10mph limit or the need for better traffic controls, there are plenty of issues to go at.
Maybe you want to help form the community plan or have your say about the recent enhancement scheme or the controversial mini-roundabout.
The area also has unique issues to deal with - brought partly by the thousands of tourists that visit each year and the fact that it is set within a national park.
And what about all the clubs and social events going on in Windermere that no-one gets to find out about?
Well, that's where Windermere Local comes in. It's your website to do with as you wish. The aim is for clubs and local groups to get involved so they can keep people informed aboutn what's going on.
Help keep the community in the loop by sharing what you know about the town with others through the Windermere Local website - brought to you by the North West Evening Mail. It doesn't cost anything to post information - or even your opinion - on the site.
To find our more information call 01229 840160 or use the email form below.
First published at 16:07, Friday, 03 October 2008
Published by http://www.windermerelocal.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria
- Queuing traffic on Lake District road
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (4 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary
- Man bailed after Bowness nightclub door staff injured
- Boy airlifted from Cumbria to Newcastle with serious head injuries
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Davina vows to conquer fear of water in Cumbria
- Cumbria lake becomes pool as hundreds take plunge
- Remembering Holocaust young who found ‘paradise’ in Lake District
Evening Mail homepage
- Police crack down on gay sex haunt
- No title
- Shocked at furore around Sergeant
- Do we spend too much of our time on smartphones?
- Evening Mail readers strike lucky with cash bonanzas
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Madrid, Spain
- TAKE YOUR PICK: Should refs be miked-up?
- Store cattle
- Blyth boss Cassidy fails in bid to lure Workington Reds number two
- £6.336 trillion – that’s the nest egg Brits are sitting on
- Owners to sell Lake District pub after tragic death of mum
- Competitors show skills at Cumbria agricultural spectacle
- Hounds blaze a trail at celebration of rural life in Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Visitors flock to Lake District for Grasmere Sports
- Morrisons submits Windermere store proposal (3 comments)
- Cumbria fire service offer summer cookery safety tips
- Smiths legend Johnny Marr praises Twitterband (1 comment)
- Police crack down on gay sex haunt
- Cartmel Show hailed as ‘a real celebration of rural life’ in Cumbria
- Remembering happy times at the Sass shop
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33