Hat-trick for Patrick
Published at 16:41, Friday, 12 October 2012
TEENAGE spinner Patrick Allington bagged a hat-trick of awards at the Northern Premier Cricket League presentation night.
The 17-year-old Barrow CC ace was named Division Two Young Player of the Year following a productive 2012 season, in which he took 61 league wickets at an average of 7.69.
Allington, who claimed most of his victims while helping Barrow’s second team to the runners-up spot behind Leyland, also won the Division Two Bowler of the Year award and shared the Fielder of the Year prize with Ernest Pass team-mate George Smith and Fleetwood’s Tom Clarke.
Players from Barrow’s first-team, who finished as Division One runners-up behind Fleetwood, were also among the awards, presented at Leyland Golf Club by former Test umpire John Holder.
Seamer Daryl Wearing won the Division One Amateur Bowler of the Year gong after taking 64 league wickets at an average of 12.22.
Team-mate Liam Livingstone, who has just started a five-month stint at a prestigious cricket academy in Australia, was named Fielder of the Year.
l Cumberland will begin their defence of the Minor Counties Cricket Association Trophy with a trip to Cambridgeshire in the first of four group games in April. There other group stages games will be against Cheshire (home), Northumberland (away) and Herefordshire (home). Cumberland won the one-day competition for the first time in 23 years, with a seven-wicket victory over Wiltshire in August.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria
- Queuing traffic on Lake District road
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (4 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary
- Man bailed after Bowness nightclub door staff injured
- Boy airlifted from Cumbria to Newcastle with serious head injuries
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Davina vows to conquer fear of water in Cumbria
- Cumbria lake becomes pool as hundreds take plunge
- Remembering Holocaust young who found ‘paradise’ in Lake District
Evening Mail homepage
- Owners to sell Lake District pub after tragic death of mum
- Competitors show skills at Cumbria agricultural spectacle
- Hounds blaze a trail at celebration of rural life in Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Visitors flock to Lake District for Grasmere Sports
- Morrisons submits Windermere store proposal (3 comments)
- Cumbria fire service offer summer cookery safety tips
- Smiths legend Johnny Marr praises Twitterband (1 comment)
- Cartmel Show hailed as ‘a real celebration of rural life’ in Cumbria
- Remembering happy times at the Sass shop
- Fire crews called after explosion blows out Carlisle house windows
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33