Hat-trick for Patrick
Published at 16:41, Friday, 12 October 2012
TEENAGE spinner Patrick Allington bagged a hat-trick of awards at the Northern Premier Cricket League presentation night.
The 17-year-old Barrow CC ace was named Division Two Young Player of the Year following a productive 2012 season, in which he took 61 league wickets at an average of 7.69.
Allington, who claimed most of his victims while helping Barrow’s second team to the runners-up spot behind Leyland, also won the Division Two Bowler of the Year award and shared the Fielder of the Year prize with Ernest Pass team-mate George Smith and Fleetwood’s Tom Clarke.
Players from Barrow’s first-team, who finished as Division One runners-up behind Fleetwood, were also among the awards, presented at Leyland Golf Club by former Test umpire John Holder.
Seamer Daryl Wearing won the Division One Amateur Bowler of the Year gong after taking 64 league wickets at an average of 12.22.
Team-mate Liam Livingstone, who has just started a five-month stint at a prestigious cricket academy in Australia, was named Fielder of the Year.
l Cumberland will begin their defence of the Minor Counties Cricket Association Trophy with a trip to Cambridgeshire in the first of four group games in April. There other group stages games will be against Cheshire (home), Northumberland (away) and Herefordshire (home). Cumberland won the one-day competition for the first time in 23 years, with a seven-wicket victory over Wiltshire in August.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Power tools stolen in South Cumbria van raid
- Tributes paid to well known Cumbria mountain rescue leader
- £2m plans to transform Windermere shoreline and bring jobs
- Your chance to help Waterbird take to Cumbria skies
- South Lakes man thanks air ambulance crew
- New exhibition set to open in Lakes centre
- Planners put brakes on South Lakes ferry site regeneration
- Police in appeal over card skimming device found in Windermere
- Cumbria woman jailed after admitting assault
- Lib Dems retain at Bowness by-election
- Cumbria cash machines alert
- Sighting of missing girl reported in Bowness
- Police hunt for Bowness shoplifters
- Windermere hosts All England Stone Skimming Championships 2013 (1 comment)
- Staff at the Lakes School rejoice at A-Level results
- Electric trains boost for Cumbria would cut journey time between Lake District and Manchester (4 comments)
- Missing Leeds man, due to appear on trial for sex offences, thought to be in South Cumbria
- Plans for £2m boost for Lake District shoreline unveiled
- Praise for Cumbria life-savers after Windermere man's heart attack (1 comment)
- Disruption warning for South Cumbria motorists ahead of royal visit (1 comment)
- Cumbria company's kitchenwares for Dr Who fans who could exterminate for a cuppa
- Seven illegal workers face deportation following South Cumbria raids (4 comments)
- Two people taken to hospital following crash on A591 in Cumbria (3 comments)
- Controversial Windermere farm building plan approved
- Former leader of South Lakes council steps down
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans