Hat-trick for Patrick
Published at 16:41, Friday, 12 October 2012
TEENAGE spinner Patrick Allington bagged a hat-trick of awards at the Northern Premier Cricket League presentation night.
The 17-year-old Barrow CC ace was named Division Two Young Player of the Year following a productive 2012 season, in which he took 61 league wickets at an average of 7.69.
Allington, who claimed most of his victims while helping Barrow’s second team to the runners-up spot behind Leyland, also won the Division Two Bowler of the Year award and shared the Fielder of the Year prize with Ernest Pass team-mate George Smith and Fleetwood’s Tom Clarke.
Players from Barrow’s first-team, who finished as Division One runners-up behind Fleetwood, were also among the awards, presented at Leyland Golf Club by former Test umpire John Holder.
Seamer Daryl Wearing won the Division One Amateur Bowler of the Year gong after taking 64 league wickets at an average of 12.22.
Team-mate Liam Livingstone, who has just started a five-month stint at a prestigious cricket academy in Australia, was named Fielder of the Year.
l Cumberland will begin their defence of the Minor Counties Cricket Association Trophy with a trip to Cambridgeshire in the first of four group games in April. There other group stages games will be against Cheshire (home), Northumberland (away) and Herefordshire (home). Cumberland won the one-day competition for the first time in 23 years, with a seven-wicket victory over Wiltshire in August.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Top critic claims Lake District restaurant is lighting the way
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22