TRIBUTES have been paid to a “much loved and dedicated” councillor who died in hospital three weeks after falling from 30ft.
Are you passionate about Windermere?
Send your news and pictures to: email@example.com
We are looking to increase coverage in the North-West Evening Mail with more contributions from the range of organisations which do such a great job out in our communities.
THE best food and drink to be found across the region - from the tastiest cheeses to the most delicious beers.
THE Relish Cumbria cookbook, featuring inspired recipes from the region’s finest chefs and including some of the very best produce, was launched at The Samling hotel on Lake Windermere this week.
YOU know when you discover a really good restaurant and are torn between wanting to let everyone know about it, and wanting to keep it a secret so you can always get a table?
Evening Mail homepage
- Beckermet WI
- ‘Exodus’ academic to advise top Tory
- Free sports for girls
- No title
- State-of-the-art academy will benefit everyone says principal (48 comments)
- Barrow AFC well beaten by five-star Luton Town (11 comments)
- Island to get a Tesco – with 20 new jobs (32 comments)
- Wreaths on the way if we hear nothing
- Cuts will hit police front line (6 comments)
- Spiralling costs force businessman to shut cafe (3 comments)
- Man killed by train
- Cumbrian death crash family left ‘devastated’ by court verdict
- Police launch investigation after biker killed in Ulverston crash (4 comments)
- First Roman watermill discovered in West Cumbria (2 comments)
- Bag of rubber bullets found after Cumbria Police "misplaced" them
- Video binoculars catch speeders
- Flooded holiday park to reopen after renovation
- Lindal take it on the chin
- Dalton Miss South Lakes contest finalist in bug-eating test