Are you entitled to compensation?
Last updated at 12:00, Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Advertising Feature. The amount of personal injury compensation claims that the people of Britain have made each year has decreased since 2000 and, behind Denmark, Britain has the lowest personal injury compensation claims rate of any developed country in the world. Are we suffering in silence?
Compensation claims can be made for a range of different reasons. Personal injury compensation claims, in particular, are made for injuries a person has sustained as the result of someone else's negligence. This can be anything from a work accident or a slip or fall. It could even have been the result of whiplash following a car accident.
Whatever your personal injury might be, if the accident was not your fault then you have the right to make a compensation claim. With a no win, no fee compensation claim a personal injury solicitor will help you recover the money you deserve if you have lost money or suffered greatly because of your injury.
There are several reasons why making a personal injury compensation claim is the best thing to do if you have suffered injuries in an accident. One reason is the ability to recover money that you have lost from either medical expenses or having to take time off work.
Due to taking time off work following an accident, many people struggle to make ends meet, which can result in them heading back to work prematurely. By making a no win, no fee compensation claim you can, at least, recover some of the money you've shelled out on medical expenses.
Money from a compensation claim should allow you to take the proper amount of time off work so that you can recover properly. Too many people go back to work too soon and actually make their injuries worse as a result.
Another reason to make a no win, no fee compensation claim is the fact that, if you don't win, you really donâ€™t have to pay a penny - so you have nothing to lose! The no win no fee system means that you can put your case forward to try and win the money back that you are owed and, if you don't win, you simply walk away not a penny out of pocket.
With a no win, no fee compensation claim there is also very little that you have to do yourself, because your personal injury solicitor will handle most things for you. Complex negotiations and the majority of paperwork will be taken out of your hands and dealt with by your solicitor. This takes the scary part out of making a compensation claim.
Finally, if you do make a no win, no fee compensation claim because of a personal injury then the chances are that it is less likely that someone else will suffer the same injury. This is because the person responsible will think twice before being negligent again.
So call someone like the National Accident Helpline and make a no win, no fee compensation claim for any personal injuries that you have sustained - there really is no reason not to do so.
First published at 14:44, Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Published by http://www.windermerelocal.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Thousands tackle Great North Swim at Windermere (4 comments)
- Full steam ahead as Windermere museum gets £200k
- Plans for 'world class' Lake District tourist attraction get £200k boost
- Victorian theme as Lake District school marks its 150th birthday
- Mum and daughter who died on Windermere were poisoned by carbon monoxide, report shows
- Thieves steal from Lake District charity shop till
- Cumbrian storms to victory as runners pound round lake
- Windermere rangers take the helm of new patrol boat
- Cumbria County Council election
- Quick action averts second Windermere tragedy
- Calls for more regulations following Lakes boat tragedy
- Decision over 'caravan park' extension in Lakes
- Cumbria detective describes mother and daughter Windermere boat deaths as “an absolute tragedy” (1 comment)
- Cumbria police hunt armed poacher (4 comments)
- Young Windermere Beatrix Potter fans are all ears for Pigling Bland tales
- CCTV appears to show man stealing charity collection box from Windermere pub
- Divers to pluck litter from lake Windermere in ‘largest UK event of its kind’
- Businesswoman launches gifts inspired by Windermere ‘monster’
- Pupils follow Leo’s footsteps
- Gadgets help crack down on Windermere speeders
- Big Chill swim in Windermere
- Bowness protesters voice repository fears (7 comments)
- Cumbria fly tipper fined £705 by South Lakes council
- Drug trafficking Windermere couple stripped of assets
- Supermarket chain heads to Windermere
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Change of plan for Ulverston Sainsbury’s (13 comments)
- Ulverston massage studio refutes rumours
- Video binoculars catch speeders
- Coeliac disease: 'I have to bring my own food to parties'
- Speed radar trained on low-flying jets
- Cumbria rapist handed 12 year jail term
- The Ulverston Summer 10k race
- Hotel hiring out new green cars
- Unpaid work for Walney horse porn man
- Hotelier’s Channel challenge