A LAKE District artist, whose portrait of the Queen will be seen by millions, was quite literally given licence to make money.
Are you passionate about Windermere?
Send your news and pictures to: email@example.com
We are looking to increase coverage in the North-West Evening Mail with more contributions from the range of organisations which do such a great job out in our communities.
THE best food and drink to be found across the region - from the tastiest cheeses to the most delicious beers.
THE Relish Cumbria cookbook, featuring inspired recipes from the region’s finest chefs and including some of the very best produce, was launched at The Samling hotel on Lake Windermere this week.
YOU know when you discover a really good restaurant and are torn between wanting to let everyone know about it, and wanting to keep it a secret so you can always get a table?
Evening Mail homepage
- Pub giant hopes to open new bar in South Cumbria
- Parkview school reunion
- Anger at midwife’s 11th-hour admission over babies’ deaths at Barrow hospital (4 comments)
- Kidnapped Ulverston woman released (1 comment)
- Barrow death crash case delay ‘unacceptable’ says judge
- Cumbria duo jailed for handling stolen goods (1 comment)
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Dalton zoo carries out lemur count after reports of an escape
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22