Do Your Bit For The Planet By Making Your Office A Greener Place To Be
Last updated at 11:00, Monday, 29 March 2010
Advertising feature. You may not know this - but businesses in the UK have legal obligations to comply with certain energy performance targets and carbon reduction. This is so that they comply with the Carbon Reduction Commitment. The CRC is a new, mandatory climate change and energy-saving scheme for the UK aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions from large businesses.
So to show that you are complying with this new law if you are a business owner, it is your legal obligation to get an Energy Performance Certificate. An Energy Performance Certificate is something that says you are abiding by the rules of the CRC and are doing your bit to keep your business’s carbon emissions down.
Whilst there are a number of business’s that can provide you with one of these, British Gas Business is one of the best placed in the market to do so. This is because they have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Energy Performance Certificates and are one of the greenest energy suppliers in the UK.
You can get a free Energy Performance Certificate quote with British Gas Business and once you get your certificate you will also be eligible for free advice on helping to keep your commercial energy costs down and your carbon footprint to a minimum.
There are other ways that you can do this with British Gas Business, too. Why not switch to green electricity with British Gas Business and help neutralize the negative effects that your business has on the environment? Green electricity is electricity that comes from renewable sources and is the best way for your business to run in the greenest way possible.
Running on green electricity can also help you save money too because it means that the you get to pay a reduced rate when it comes to paying the Climate Change Levy that all businesses now have to pay in the UK.
One of the other great ways for your business to go green is through Smart metering. Smart metering is a service provided by British Gas Business which allows you to get a clear view of your company’s actual energy use. By doing this you can better manage the way that your business uses energy and come up with ways to reduce this. Smart metering could therefore save you money that could be better spent on running your business.
Following on from that, British Gas Business also provides metering and connections services so that your business can run more efficiently and to capacity at all times. Another way that British Gas Business can help to ensure that your business is running smoothly is with their business boiler maintenance and repair services. You can get boiler breakdown cover for your business and have your gas connections or electricity connections repaired or updated as well as getting the best energy efficiency support and advice around with the help of British Gas Business.
First published at 09:56, Monday, 29 March 2010
Published by http://www.windermerelocal.co.uk
More Windermere news
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria
- Queuing traffic on Lake District road
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (4 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary
- Man bailed after Bowness nightclub door staff injured
- Boy airlifted from Cumbria to Newcastle with serious head injuries
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Davina vows to conquer fear of water in Cumbria
- Cumbria lake becomes pool as hundreds take plunge
- Remembering Holocaust young who found ‘paradise’ in Lake District
- Funding for Cumbria wide CCTV system secured (1 comment)
- Man who died in Cumbria river identified
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Three Cumbria fraudsters ordered to repay £360,000
Evening Mail homepage
- Foxfield to Coniston line fantasy rail world created in miniature
- SAVE OUR SERVICES! (10 comments)
- Campaigners fight for region’s nuclear future
- Carlisle Utd's Mark Beck gets Scotland u-21 call-up
- Barrow AFC fans not confident of promotion
- Praise for Kyle May after 400th Workington Reds appearance
- Chance to see historic Barrow building and grab a bargain
- Barrow art lover Stephanie now removes body etchings
- Barrow is perfect place for wind power
- Carlisle Utd boss will take ‘strength’ from calls for him to be sacked (65 comments)
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Woolworths evacuated
- Cumbrian death crash family left ‘devastated’ by court verdict
- Luis Suarez's handshake refusal was disgraceful, so was Kenny Dalglish's reaction (8 comments)
- Full steam to the Lakes
- Obituary - Arthur Allison, of High Ireby
- Gluten-free challenge - day five
- A bright cold day in April, the clocks were striking 13... (6 comments)
- Rare to witness respect for dead (9 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere