A MAN who got into difficulty whilst swimming in Windermere has died.
Are you passionate about Windermere?
Send your news and pictures to: email@example.com
We are looking to increase coverage in the North-West Evening Mail with more contributions from the range of organisations which do such a great job out in our communities.
THE best food and drink to be found across the region - from the tastiest cheeses to the most delicious beers.
THE Relish Cumbria cookbook, featuring inspired recipes from the region’s finest chefs and including some of the very best produce, was launched at The Samling hotel on Lake Windermere this week.
YOU know when you discover a really good restaurant and are torn between wanting to let everyone know about it, and wanting to keep it a secret so you can always get a table?
Evening Mail homepage
- Jail for drink-drive woman who had 3 children in car
- Glider launch site allowed extra flights
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Junior flyers came home with medals
- Live report: Day two of TotalDECOM decommissioning conference
- History-making Maryport firm’s Saracen's rugby team pitch is spot on
- Memories of mining days
- How Carlisle shop boss saw off armed maniac
- Dalton Christmas lights switch-on
- Hogweed (Heracleum sphondylium) (7 comments)
- Vintage fire engine is rescued from orchard
- Photo roots in Europe
- Small trains at the station
- St Bees duo win GP14 class
- Wigwam bam!
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (10 comments)
- ‘Reckless’ Ulverston driver seen near Cumbria school (12 comments)
- No title
- Millom ‘cannabis farm’ burnt up (4 comments)
- Kikbak with an evening of jazz at Zeffirelli’s
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22