A DRIVER who drank alcohol before getting behind the wheel of her car in Cumbria has been banned from the roads for 15 months.
Are you passionate about Windermere?
Send your news and pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to increase coverage in the North-West Evening Mail with more contributions from the range of organisations which do such a great job out in our communities.
THE best food and drink to be found across the region - from the tastiest cheeses to the most delicious beers.
THE Relish Cumbria cookbook, featuring inspired recipes from the region’s finest chefs and including some of the very best produce, was launched at The Samling hotel on Lake Windermere this week.
YOU know when you discover a really good restaurant and are torn between wanting to let everyone know about it, and wanting to keep it a secret so you can always get a table?
Evening Mail homepage
- No title
- Power cut shut school
- King Alfred closing in on Furness crown
- Taste of Heaven
- Dowdales fashion show
- Olympic Torch Relay in Cumbria: Live
- Rains bring influx of salmon into River Eden
- No title
- Busy Easter in Lakes but Zoo visitors fall to a 12-year low (5 comments)
- Parking meters not the answer
- Spiralling costs force businessman to shut cafe (3 comments)
- Cumbrian death crash family left ‘devastated’ by court verdict
- Man killed by train
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Police launch investigation after biker killed in Ulverston crash (4 comments)
- First Roman watermill discovered in West Cumbria (2 comments)
- Island to get a Tesco – with 20 new jobs (32 comments)
- Bag of rubber bullets found after Cumbria Police "misplaced" them
- Dalton Miss South Lakes contest finalist in bug-eating test
- Video binoculars catch speeders