Ofsted success for Lakes Sure Start Children's Centre in Windermere
Last updated at 13:51, Thursday, 12 July 2012
THE Lakes Sure Start Children's Centre in Windermere has been awarded a 'Good' rating in their recent Ofsted inspection.
The Centre is based on the site of Goodly Dale Primary School and is one of four in the Cumbria South Lakes cluster of centres. It is managed by Barnardo's on behalf of Cumbria County Council and provides services to the local rural community.
In their inspection on 19 and 20 June Ofsted found that this is a good children's centre overall with some outstanding features particularly the safety and protection of children, the quality of the care, guidance and support they provide to families, the quality of day to day management, and the highly effective use of resources.
Anne Burns, Cumbria County Council Portfolio Holder for Children's Social Care said " This is great news for the centre. Cumbria County Council is committed to developing children's centres and has invested millions in these vital services for local communities. The Good rating this centre has received is well deserved, well done!"
Anne Armstrong, Children's Services Manager for Barnardo's in South Lakeland said: “We are delighted to receive such a positive Ofsted report which recognises the hard work and commitment of our dedicated and skilled team of staff and volunteers. The excellent partnerships that have been established over many years with parents and partner organisations are at the heart of this achievement. We have been overwhelmed by the number of parents and carers who wanted to tell the inspectors how much the support of their children’s centre has meant to them and their children.”
First published at 13:31, Thursday, 12 July 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Windermere news
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Man dies after getting into difficulties whilst swimming in Windermere
- Businesses and residents asked to air views on Windermere speed limit (2 comments)
- Windermere man charged with affray due in court today
- Tragic Windermere sailor was ‘let down by superiors’
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Top critic claims Lake District restaurant is lighting the way
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22