Outstanding pre-school wins high Ofsted praise
Published at 13:08, Wednesday, 14 December 2011
A LAKE District school’s early years education has been judged as outstanding in every area inspected.
Windermere Preparatory School’s provision for children aged five years and under has received Ofsted’s top grade across the board.
The report by the education watchdog said: “Overall the quality of the provision is outstanding.
“This highly effective and stimulating pre-school caters for all children’s unique and individual needs exceptionally well.
“The extremely motivated and committed staff group make sure that they successfully promote children’s safety, welfare and learning to an excellent standard.
“Partnerships with parents, other agencies and other providers of the Early Years Foundation Stage are highly effective in successfully promoting children’s welfare and learning.”
The school was judged to be outstanding in all 17 areas.
Ofsted highlighted the “excellent progress made by the children towards their early learning goals” and that “overall, children benefit greatly from attending this innovative setting.”
The report said the children “thrive in this inspiring and inclusive environment”, and it refers to how the they learn to climb small trees, build dens in the forest, as well as toasting marshmallows and making cordial from the elderflowers they have collected.
Jenny Davies, leader of the Early Years Department, said; “We are obviously thrilled that the hard work and dedication of all the staff has been formally recognised by Ofsted.”
Rachael Thomas, head of Windermere Pre-Preparatory School, said: “We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful setting with such wonderful resources, where we can really encourage the children to explore their creativity.”
Published by http://www.walneylocal.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria
- Queuing traffic on Lake District road
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (4 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary
- Man bailed after Bowness nightclub door staff injured
- Boy airlifted from Cumbria to Newcastle with serious head injuries
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Davina vows to conquer fear of water in Cumbria