Report says Barrow shipyard owners BAE Systems may walk away from merger with EADS
Last updated at 16:36, Monday, 24 September 2012
BAE will walk away from a potential merger with aerospace firm EADS if the deal threatens its ties with the US, according to a report.
Business news website Proactive Investors United Kingdom reported a source close to the company as saying it would not go ahead with the deal if it was to jeopardise its relationship with the Pentagon.
The website said a Special Security Arrangement across the Atlantic specifies that BAE’s US leadership team is made up of Americans.
BAE and French firm EADS confirmed they were in merger talks earlier this month.
First published at 12:29, Monday, 24 September 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
This country should become a state of the USA,before Europe bumbles its way bouncing
along with country after country going bust with the out of control EU financial mess that is going to boil over.
America is our ally,not Europe,they only want our money and give us nothing back in return.
Past history should show that we do not belong in Europe,as it is a continent of in fighting between nations as to who is the boss Germany or France.
America,Canada and the Commenwealth should be our main concern,as the majority of the EU only want us for one thing.
To bleed us dry and to take our jobs.
We should cut all ties with Europe and stand on our own two feet,and get our youngsters back into work.
Europe has taken the Great out of Britain
and we are now just a bit player.
Thank God for BAE for standing up to the idiots of who propose a merger with the EU.
Make your comment
More Windermere news
- UPDATE: Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (3 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary
- Man bailed after Bowness nightclub door staff injured
- Boy airlifted from Cumbria to Newcastle with serious head injuries
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Davina vows to conquer fear of water in Cumbria
- Cumbria lake becomes pool as hundreds take plunge
- Remembering Holocaust young who found ‘paradise’ in Lake District
- Funding for Cumbria wide CCTV system secured (1 comment)
- Man who died in Cumbria river identified
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Three Cumbria fraudsters ordered to repay £360,000
- Windermere Lake Wardens rescue elderly man
- Power tools stolen in South Cumbria van raid
- Tributes paid to well known Cumbria mountain rescue leader
- £2m plans to transform Windermere shoreline and bring jobs
- Your chance to help Waterbird take to Cumbria skies
- South Lakes man thanks air ambulance crew
- New exhibition set to open in Lakes centre
- Planners put brakes on South Lakes ferry site regeneration
- Police in appeal over card skimming device found in Windermere
- Cumbria woman jailed after admitting assault