Report says Barrow shipyard owners BAE Systems may walk away from merger with EADS
Last updated at 16:36, Monday, 24 September 2012
BAE will walk away from a potential merger with aerospace firm EADS if the deal threatens its ties with the US, according to a report.
Business news website Proactive Investors United Kingdom reported a source close to the company as saying it would not go ahead with the deal if it was to jeopardise its relationship with the Pentagon.
The website said a Special Security Arrangement across the Atlantic specifies that BAE’s US leadership team is made up of Americans.
BAE and French firm EADS confirmed they were in merger talks earlier this month.
First published at 12:29, Monday, 24 September 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
This country should become a state of the USA,before Europe bumbles its way bouncing
along with country after country going bust with the out of control EU financial mess that is going to boil over.
America is our ally,not Europe,they only want our money and give us nothing back in return.
Past history should show that we do not belong in Europe,as it is a continent of in fighting between nations as to who is the boss Germany or France.
America,Canada and the Commenwealth should be our main concern,as the majority of the EU only want us for one thing.
To bleed us dry and to take our jobs.
We should cut all ties with Europe and stand on our own two feet,and get our youngsters back into work.
Europe has taken the Great out of Britain
and we are now just a bit player.
Thank God for BAE for standing up to the idiots of who propose a merger with the EU.
Make your comment
More Windermere news
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria