Shops open up for Boxing Day bargains
Last updated at 10:36, Saturday, 24 December 2011
WITH Christmas not even out of the way, many people’s thoughts have already turned to bagging a bargain.
Retailers may close their doors this evening, but will not get much rest over the festive season.
Many shops will open up again on Boxing Day to welcome bargain hunters to the sales.
With money tighter than ever for some families, businesses are hoping for a bumper sales period.
Next, in Hindpool Road, has traditionally been the first to open for the sales, and will open at 6am on Boxing Day this year.
Shoppers are expected to flock to the store with all sale items half price or less.
Debenhams in Portland Walk is holding its “biggest sale ever,” which starts at 7am.
Items on sale include £45 off a Jasper Conran handbag, a half price YSL Belle D’Opium perfume and 70 per cent off all Christmas decorations.
Jeff Dandy, owner of Dandy’s Fine Beds and Furniture in Duke Street, said the store is holding a “traditional” sale which starts on 10am on Tuesday.
He said: “We like to say it is a sale that is like sales used to be.
“We have really good reductions on our clearance items. We also have discounts, which are done through our manufacturers, where we offer extra discounts when someone spends a particular amount.
“We are hoping for a good sale and that everybody is in the buying mood for the new year.”
Stars of the sale include an electric adjustable bed which is only £199 (a reduction of over a £1,000) and a two seater sofa with chair and footstool for only £299.
The sale at Stollers furniture store, in Walney Road, began at the beginning of December and will continue into January.
First published at 13:54, Friday, 23 December 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Man dies after getting into difficulties whilst swimming in Windermere
- Businesses and residents asked to air views on Windermere speed limit (2 comments)
- Windermere man charged with affray due in court today
- Tragic Windermere sailor was ‘let down by superiors’
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Top critic claims Lake District restaurant is lighting the way
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Search for shipwreck details
- Family and friends devastated over young Ulverston mum-to-be’s death
- Jodi Pike graduation
- Life in a place of history
- Rory McGrath's new TV show provides timely boost for the Lakes (6 comments)
- ULVERSTON GARDENER CLEARED OF ASSAULT ON TEEN
- Concern raised as National Grid announces route for Moorside power lines (1 comment)
- Blooming good fun at Holker
- ‘Barrow should be twinned’ (13 comments)
- R 'n' B club deals out another treat
- Divers discover WWII mortar bomb
- New £2m Carlisle football complex could create 30 jobs (10 comments)
- Have a ball – zorbing in Barrow Park (3 comments)
- Land sales
- South Cumbria church hopes to reuse graves for new burials
- Would-be leader Yvette's local links
- Tributes pour in for former Haven star Ged (2 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22