Shops open up for Boxing Day bargains
Last updated at 10:36, Saturday, 24 December 2011
WITH Christmas not even out of the way, many people’s thoughts have already turned to bagging a bargain.
Retailers may close their doors this evening, but will not get much rest over the festive season.
Many shops will open up again on Boxing Day to welcome bargain hunters to the sales.
With money tighter than ever for some families, businesses are hoping for a bumper sales period.
Next, in Hindpool Road, has traditionally been the first to open for the sales, and will open at 6am on Boxing Day this year.
Shoppers are expected to flock to the store with all sale items half price or less.
Debenhams in Portland Walk is holding its “biggest sale ever,” which starts at 7am.
Items on sale include £45 off a Jasper Conran handbag, a half price YSL Belle D’Opium perfume and 70 per cent off all Christmas decorations.
Jeff Dandy, owner of Dandy’s Fine Beds and Furniture in Duke Street, said the store is holding a “traditional” sale which starts on 10am on Tuesday.
He said: “We like to say it is a sale that is like sales used to be.
“We have really good reductions on our clearance items. We also have discounts, which are done through our manufacturers, where we offer extra discounts when someone spends a particular amount.
“We are hoping for a good sale and that everybody is in the buying mood for the new year.”
Stars of the sale include an electric adjustable bed which is only £199 (a reduction of over a £1,000) and a two seater sofa with chair and footstool for only £299.
The sale at Stollers furniture store, in Walney Road, began at the beginning of December and will continue into January.
First published at 13:54, Friday, 23 December 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria
- Queuing traffic on Lake District road
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (4 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary
- Man bailed after Bowness nightclub door staff injured
- Boy airlifted from Cumbria to Newcastle with serious head injuries
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Davina vows to conquer fear of water in Cumbria
- Cumbria lake becomes pool as hundreds take plunge
- Remembering Holocaust young who found ‘paradise’ in Lake District
- Funding for Cumbria wide CCTV system secured (1 comment)
- Man who died in Cumbria river identified
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Three Cumbria fraudsters ordered to repay £360,000
Evening Mail homepage
- POLICE confirm body found is missing Barrow man (14 comments)
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Barrow art lover Stephanie now removes body etchings
- Woolworths evacuated
- Luis Suarez's handshake refusal was disgraceful, so was Kenny Dalglish's reaction (8 comments)
- Full steam to the Lakes
- Obituary - Arthur Allison, of High Ireby
- Cumbrian death crash family left ‘devastated’ by court verdict
- Gluten-free challenge - day five
- A bright cold day in April, the clocks were striking 13... (6 comments)