Talented trio pass with merit
Published at 10:42, Saturday, 22 January 2011
A TRIO of talented dancers passed a prestigious ballet exam with flying colours.
Pupils from the Maria Fischer School of Dance were entered to the Royal Academy of Dancing intermediate exams held at the Northern Ballet School in Manchester last month.
The three students – Charlotte Berry, 16, from Windermere, Lucie Moore, 15 and Brogan Hurst, 14, both from Barrow – all passed the exam with merit. Their teacher, Maria Fischer, praised the girls for their hard work.
She said: “The exam is designed for students wishing to study classical ballet seriously, with a view to pursuing a career in dance.
“To pass the exam is a real achievement and I’m incredibly proud of them.”
The dance school is currently preparing for its performance of Sleeping Beauty, which will be shown at the Coronation Hall in County Square, Ulverston, on June 24 and 25.
Charlotte will be playing the lead role of Princess Aurora.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Man dies after getting into difficulties whilst swimming in Windermere
- Businesses and residents asked to air views on Windermere speed limit (2 comments)
- Windermere man charged with affray due in court today
- Tragic Windermere sailor was ‘let down by superiors’
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Top critic claims Lake District restaurant is lighting the way
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
- Ofsted joy for Lakes staff and students
- Vintage fire engine is rescued from orchard
- Sex assault case
- Photo roots in Europe
- Small trains at the station
- St Bees duo win GP14 class
- Wigwam bam!
- School for excluded kids looks at new measures (3 comments)
- Guilty dentist ignored patients’ rotten teeth
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22