Talented trio pass with merit
Published at 10:42, Saturday, 22 January 2011
A TRIO of talented dancers passed a prestigious ballet exam with flying colours.
Pupils from the Maria Fischer School of Dance were entered to the Royal Academy of Dancing intermediate exams held at the Northern Ballet School in Manchester last month.
The three students – Charlotte Berry, 16, from Windermere, Lucie Moore, 15 and Brogan Hurst, 14, both from Barrow – all passed the exam with merit. Their teacher, Maria Fischer, praised the girls for their hard work.
She said: “The exam is designed for students wishing to study classical ballet seriously, with a view to pursuing a career in dance.
“To pass the exam is a real achievement and I’m incredibly proud of them.”
The dance school is currently preparing for its performance of Sleeping Beauty, which will be shown at the Coronation Hall in County Square, Ulverston, on June 24 and 25.
Charlotte will be playing the lead role of Princess Aurora.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Windermere news
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria