Walker rescued in Lake District
Last updated at 18:06, Sunday, 20 January 2013
A WALKER has been rescued in the Lake District.
Patterdale Mountain Rescue Team were called to the assistance of a man who had slipped on an icy path near Ullswater today.
The 39-year-old, from Carlisle, was walking at Aira Force when he slipped, resulting in a suspected fracture dislocation of his right leg.
The team said the man was in a lot of pain and needed pain relief before his leg could be moved and splinted.
Once his leg was secured and in a splint, the man was put in a stretcher and carried to one of the team’s Landrover ambulances. The man was then driven to the road and transferred into an ambulance. He was then taken to the Cumberland Infirmary.
First published at 18:04, Sunday, 20 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Why oh why do people go out unprepared and risk the lives of volunteers through their own stupidity...
Make your comment
More Windermere news
- Top critic claims Lake District restaurant is lighting the way
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- World’s top Buddhist teachers to lead special sessions
- Club wins grant to bring rowing to Windermere
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Windermere woman, 19, recalls horror Africa waterfall plunge
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Parking meter anger "behind Cumbria by-election swing"
- Ulverston swimmer triumphs at Windermere Chillswim
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Yes vote on Scottish independence ‘could have massive effect’ on Cumbria businesses (2 comments)
- More experts join hunt for clues into Lake District wedding inferno (3 comments)
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Woman involved in Windermere crash had been drinking - court heard
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor (1 comment)
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home