Walker rescued in Lake District
Last updated at 18:06, Sunday, 20 January 2013
A WALKER has been rescued in the Lake District.
Patterdale Mountain Rescue Team were called to the assistance of a man who had slipped on an icy path near Ullswater today.
The 39-year-old, from Carlisle, was walking at Aira Force when he slipped, resulting in a suspected fracture dislocation of his right leg.
The team said the man was in a lot of pain and needed pain relief before his leg could be moved and splinted.
Once his leg was secured and in a splint, the man was put in a stretcher and carried to one of the team’s Landrover ambulances. The man was then driven to the road and transferred into an ambulance. He was then taken to the Cumberland Infirmary.
First published at 18:04, Sunday, 20 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Why oh why do people go out unprepared and risk the lives of volunteers through their own stupidity...
Make your comment
More Windermere news
- South Lakes MP and deputy prime minister lead tributes to ‘dedicated’ Cumbria councillor
- ‘Nothing we can do’ say Lakes chiefs in parking meter row
- Cumbria police investigating after £25,000 damage to trees (2 comments)
- Swimmers make a big splash at Windermere
- Alleged sex offender due in Barrow court
- Peter Rabbit grabs gold at Chelsea Flower Show (1 comment)
- Brathay Windermere Marathon
- Fire at Lake District home
- Police appeal to trace owners of dogs who attacked lambs in Cumbria
- Queuing traffic on Lake District road
- Mum's emotional tribute son found in Windermere
- Matthew Jordan's family issue thanks to people who helped in Windermere search (4 comments)
- Cumbria police CCTV appeal for possible witness in search for man last seen in Bowness
- Family appeal for 20-year-old missing son last seen in Windermere to come home
- Air ambulance called in after man suffers heart attack in Windermere
- Cumbria police investigate Windermere nursery burglary
- Man bailed after Bowness nightclub door staff injured
- Boy airlifted from Cumbria to Newcastle with serious head injuries
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Davina vows to conquer fear of water in Cumbria
- Cumbria lake becomes pool as hundreds take plunge
- Remembering Holocaust young who found ‘paradise’ in Lake District
- Funding for Cumbria wide CCTV system secured (1 comment)
- Man who died in Cumbria river identified
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today